Car AC Repair Waterloo Kitchener
Air conditioning is virtually a necessity for driving in the summer heat. If you are looking for car AC repair in Waterloo Kitchener, come to Hansma Automotive. With summer temperatures in Waterloo and Kitchener averaging around 27C in July and 28C in August and highs reaching the mid to high 30's, you really need to make sure that your air conditioning system is functioning at its best. When the air conditioning is broken, it can turn even short drives into hot and uncomfortable experiences. Having a properly functioning a/c unit is also vital for the well being of your elderly passengers, small children, and pets who are more susceptible to the adverse effects of extreme heat. Hansma Automotive is able to fully diagnose any issues with your car's air conditioner, and get you feeling cool again! Contact us today and we will make sure your vehicles air conditioning system is functioning properly.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Air conditioning failure can happen due to a number of reasons:
- No Coolant: if your car has never had an air conditioning coolant refill, then most likely you're low on coolant. Air conditioning coolant is essential in providing cool air.
- Air Conditioning Sounds Noisy: this may be due to normal engine noise, but there's a chance it could be from the air conditioning compressor wearing out. It's best to get it checked out.
- Temperature Keeps Changing: This is probably the result of a broken thermostat. Your air conditioning could be completely capable of providing the desired temperature, but the thermostat is tricking it into thinking it's a different temperature then intended.
- Blockages in the Air Conditioning: Leaves, dust, and other impurities can start to jam the air conditioning system.
How Often Should I Get My Air Conditioner Checked?
It is recommended that you get your air conditioning checked every 50,000 kilometers, especially if a lot of summer driving is done which uses the air conditioner. Coolant will be lost over time, and it is good to get the compressor checked every 50,000 kilometers.
Can't I Just Roll Down My Window?
Knowing when to roll down the window and when to use the air conditioning is part of driving. Often times arguments are made that one of them is more fuel efficient than the other. The air conditioner will put some added work onto your engine, while the windows being rolled down will create more air drag when you are driving. When driving slow (less then 60 km/h), it's more efficient to roll your windows down. If driving any faster, the air conditioning is more efficient.
Q & A : The Air Conditioning Experts at Hansma Answer Your A/C Questions
The staff at Hansma Automotive have compiled a list of the most common questions that they get asked about air conditioning. Here are their professional responses.
1. How do I know that my A/C is starting to malfunction?
The biggest sign that you will get to let you know that your air conditioning is starting to malfunction is that is will feel like not enough cold air is coming into your vehicle or the cold air that is coming in just doesn't feel very cold at all.
2. There is a foul smell coming out of my air conditioner when I turn it on, what should I do?
A normally functioning air conditioning unit should not give off any foul smell. If you smell something like a mold or musty smell when you turn on your air conditioning, then you should bring it in to the professionals at Hansma Automotive and get them to check it out for you.
3. What kind of preventative maintenance should I perform on my vehicle's air conditioning unit and how often?
It is a good idea to book an appointment, once a year, early in the spring, to have your air conditioning checked over to make sure that everything is working well. At Hansma we will make sure that:
- Your compressor belt is in good shape
- There is enough coolant
- The compressor comes on when it should
- The evaporator core is okay and we will clean it to remove any smells
4. How do I maximize fuel economy while using A/C?
Using the A/C can increase your fuel consumption by up to 20% because of the extra load on the engine. Here are some helpful tips that can decrease your consumption.
- Use the re-circulating function which uses less energy because it simply cools the air already in your vehicle instead of bringing in the warm outside air to cool.
- Consider using your vents instead of the a/c when you are on the highway and opening the windows in the city.
- Adjust your thermostat to a comfortable setting not the coldest one.
- Park in the shade so that the inside air is already cooler and requires less energy to cool it down.
- Purchase a vehicle with an "econo" mode for its a/c system
5. What's the best place for me to get my A/C fixed?
At Hansma Automotive, we have been servicing the Kitchener/Waterloo area since 1992. Our customers have come to trust us to give them the best service at the most reasonable prices. We promise to only do the repairs that you really need and to do them right. Contact Hansma today and we will make sure that your air conditioning system is functioning properly.
"I have been using Hansma Automotive Service Inc. for over 5 years now and I find them to be professional in every respect. Their technicians quickly identify the issues and formulate a prioritized repair schedule. You can see that Peter has instilled his core values of honesty, Integrity and thoroughness in his team while also staying competitive. Keep up the good work"