Often times when renting a vehicle, customers question the rental vehicle insurance covered by their major credit cards. This article will detail what coverage is included with the Aeroplan Infinite Visa card, as well as steps to take when making a claim and finding a garage. Hansma Automotive was chosen as the best car repair shop in Kitchener by the "Three Best Rated" website. Three Best Rated is a website which handpicks the top 3 local businesses, professionals, restaurants, and healthcare providers in a city. The businesses chosen do not pay to be listed, so you know that you are getting an unbiased opinion. They carefully make their choice based on the business's reputation, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost, and general excellence using their 50-Point Inspection. If you are looking for a garage for your rental car or personal vehicle, contact the experienced professionals at Hansma.
Aeroplan Infinite Visa Member Coverage
As long as the rental car is paid for in full on your Aeroplan Infinite Visa, there has been no violation to the rental agreement, and the driver is not legally intoxicated, the renter is entitled to the Collision/ Loss Damage Insurance. The maximum benefit payable for any one rental car accident is $2,000,000 in total. Certain types of vehicles are not covered, such as cargo vans, trucks, and any vehicle with manufacturer's suggested retail price of over $65,000. The length of time the cardholder rents the vehicle cannot exceed 48 days. Check with your credit card provider to see what coverage you are entitled to today.
Accident or Theft
In the case of an accident or theft, the cardholder must call the administrator within 48 hours to make a claim or decide with the rental agency if you will assign them to make the claim on your behalf. If you will be making the claim directly, you must call the claims administrator within 48 hours. The following documentation will be required:
– The claim form, completed and signed
– Your sales draft showing that the rental was paid in full with the Aeroplan Infinite Visa Credit Card and/or proof of redemption
– The original copy of the vehicle rental agreement
– Accident or damage report, if available
– The itemized repair bill, or if not available, a copy of the estimate
– Receipt for paid repairs
– Police report, if available
– Copy of your billing or pre-billing statement if any repair charges were billed to your account
Under normal circumstances, the claim will be paid within fifteen days after the claims administrator received all the necessary documentation. If it cannot be assessed, it will be closed.
Please note the following vehicles are NOT covered:
- Vans, cargo vans, or mini cargo vans (other than minivans defined as vans made by an automobile manufacturer and classified by the manufacturer or a government authority as minivans made to transport a maximum of eight (8) people including the driver and which are used exclusively for the transportation of passengers and their luggage)
- Trucks, pick-up trucks, or any vehicle that can be spontaneously reconfigured into a pick-up truck
- Off-road vehicles - meaning any vehicle used on roads that are not publicly maintained roads unless used to ingress and egress private property
- Motorcycles, mopeds, or motorbikes
- Trailers, campers, recreational vehicles, or vehicles not licensed for road use
- Vehicles towing or propelling trailers or any other object
- Mini-buses or buses
- Any vehicle with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP), excluding all taxes, over sixty-five thousand dollars ($65,000) Canadian, at the time and place of loss
- Exotic vehicles, meaning vehicles such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Bricklin, Daimler, DeLorean, Excalibur, Ferrari, Jensen, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Porsche, Rolls Royce
- Any vehicle which is either wholly or in part handmade, hand finished, or has a limited production of under 2,500 vehicles per year
- Antique vehicles, meaning a vehicle over twenty (20) years old or which has not been manufactured for ten (10) years or more
- Tax-free cars
Hansma Automotive - Your Rental Car Repair Shop
In the case of any of the above issues: theft, accident, or collision, rental car coverage is crucial. Whether you've rented a car or you are the owner of the vehicle, you can trust Hansma. The experienced team at Hansma Automotive is made up of friendly and highly trained professionals. You can trust them to recommend and carry out the repairs that you need. Click here to meet our friendly team. At Hansma we offer service with a difference. We have worked hard to gain a reputation for honesty and quality work. We promise to give you top-notch service at reasonable rates for both personal or rental vehicles. Contact us today and find out about the Hansma service difference for yourself. We are open every weekday from 8 AM to 6 PM. Come see us at 88 Shoemaker St. in Kitchener, Ontario.
"I have been using Hansma Automotive Service Inc. for over 5 years now and I find them to be professional in every respect. Their technicians quickly identify the issues and formulate a prioritized repair schedule. You can see that Peter has instilled his core values of honesty, integrity, and thoroughness in his team while also staying competitive. Keep up the good work"
Read more Testimonials