Finding a reliable and trustworthy automotive service technician is so important for every vehicle owner.
Trust Hansma Automotive, a Tech-Net professional auto repair facility that is committed to serving you, our customer, with professional auto service repair at a reasonable cost.
What Does An Automotive Service Technician Do?
An automotive service technician should be knowledgeable in all areas of your vehicle, provided they are properly trained.
If we look at the objectives for the Automotive Service Technician (Apprenticeship) course at Conestoga College, for example, we see all the areas in which a successful candidate should be proficient in several areas, including the following highlights:
- Use and maintain motor vehicle shop tools and equipment safely; employ correct fastening, sealing, basic welding techniques.
- Repair and operate air conditioning systems.
- Service suspension, steering and brake systems.
- Service clutch assemblies, manual and automatic transmissions, drive lines and transaxles, differentials and axle assemblies.
- Define engine terms and measurements, diagnose failures in internal combustion engine assemblies, describe/service cylinder head and valve train assemblies and components and perform engine re-conditioning procedures.
- Service lubrication and cooling systems, intake and exhaust systems, turbochargers, superchargers and their controls.
- Describe electrical/electronic system fundamentals and applied test equipment.
- Describe/service cranking systems, charging systems and control circuits; maintain wiring, lighting, power accessory and instrumentation systems, electronic fuel injection systems, emission control systems and ignition systems.
- Service supplemental inflatable restraint systems, as well as optional security and convenience systems.
When To Visit An Automotive Service Technician
Not only should an automotive service technician be able to help diagnose and rectify all of the above, but they should also be trusted to prevent small issues from turning into major problems.
Preventative maintenance is crucial in order to keep your vehicle running smoothly. A great technician should be able to, for example, spot and take care of exhaust problems before the situation devolves into a full-blown carbon monoxide leak.
How To Find An Experienced Technician
Finding trustworthy, reliable and affordable vehicle care can be a trick proposition, but it's entirely possible.
Take it from Craig, a Hansma Autmotive customer:
"We had a bit of a hard time finding a knowledgeable, trustworthy shop and a friend recommended Hansma Automotive. I wish I had found them years ago! Friendly and highly skilled at what they do, Pete, Adrian and the whole crew have helped us out of a couple jams and have mastered the art of letting you know what your vehicle needs without the pressure that I have experienced at other service counters in the past. Highest possible recommendation!"
Do some research online, read customer reviews, ask around; a good automotive service technician is waiting to care of you and your vehicle!
The Hansma Difference
At Hansma, we offer service with a difference. We have worked hard to gain a reputation for honesty and quality work.
Trust the professionals at Hansma to only recommend and carry out the repairs that you actually need. We will let you know what you need done and when it should be done.
Our customers have come to consider us as their mechanic friend. And as your mechanic friend, we promise to give you top-notch service at reasonable and competitive rates.
We are open every weekday from 8 AM to 6 PM. Come see us at 88 Shoemaker St. in Kitchener, Ontario.